Friday, March 22, 2013

New World Coffee House

Best. Coffee. In. The. Triangle.

hands down.  or up.  whatever!
I love these guys. 

4112 Pleasant Valley Rd
Ste 124

Raleigh, NC 27612
(919) 786-0091
 
I've traveled the world, and have, over time, found that I LOVE european coffee.  Heaven.  And starbucks pales in comparison...quite sad.  So, when I came across this little gem, I was just so excited!  So, it is clear that the owner has a love of coffe as well, the typical european type, and this is his focus. Owner is always there, and honestly, I love that he is always teaching folks about coffee and coffee culture and how it is drunk in the rest of world, etc...  What is great is that even though he has the european "small" cappucinos/latte's, he also has american tastes covered w/ bigger size options, so don't fear if you've no idea if you like european style coffees.
 
He also has a lot of sandwiches, soups and salad options.  Unfortunately he does not have the ability to have a grill, so that limits his food options.  Now, being gluten intolerant, obviously, I haven't tried most of these options, so suffice to say that I've heard folks quite like the food that IS available.  He also has nice snacky cookies and cakes that would go nicely with your coffee.  And again, I haven't tried them, so I wouldn't know if they are tasty.  That said, I've explained to him, that I am gluten intolerant, and that, if ok w/ him, I may bring in a gluten free cookie to nibble on w/ my coffee.  He is quite amenable and thanks me for mentioning this, as it seems others do not always ask permission/discuss reasons for bringing other food into the shop.
 
I would say that my one small complaint (very small), is that the place doesn't have a great atmosphere, exactly.  It's a silly complaint, but the sugar is in the typical diner type sugar containers; the stirrers, napkins and accroutemnents are in stark plastic holders, that lend little to the high end coffee and food that he produces.  I think this place would do well to offer special little touches...  The bathroom is fine, but could also do w/ those special touches I mentioned.  Oh, and the they have free internet (as long as you buy something).
 
Thumbs WAY up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment